Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Never Lose Sight of Your Goals
Tyler Fink, College Freshman, The Golden Ratios
The most important piece of advice that I could give to someone with regard to their education, and even their life direction, is to always keep your goals in mind. If you are actively seeking out something, then the desired outcome is more likely to be achieved because the entirety of your focus is dedicated to this task.
Ever since I was a young child, I have been fascinated by the vastness of outer space. I would spend hours upon hours pondering the questions of the universe and I knew that one day I wanted to be able to contribute to the understanding of this awesome frontier. Once I got into high school, I needed to narrow down my choices of a major. For some, this is challenging, but I was quickly able to find something that highly interested me in the realm of space. Upon my acceptance to university, I chose to study aerospace engineering. Always having my goals in mind allowed me to tailor my collegiate activities and involvement to continue the pursuit of my dream. The next stepping stone in my journey to achieve this ultimate goal is a co-op at the Johnson Space Center beginning in May. I know that through this experience, I will gain even more knowledge and direction that will further compound what I've learned throughout my 18 years on Earth. Eventually, the information I've acquired over my lifetime will culminate into something that will assist those living today, as well as future generations, in having a firmer grasp of the functions of the universe and its mysterious beauty -- all because I never lost sight of my goals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment