Hey everyone!
This past weekend, I participated in the Florida-Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (FGLSAMP) Science and Math Expo, hosted at my school here in Jacksonville. The purpose of the Expo is to present research and work done through internships and co-ops. I represented my school in engineering, and presented on my work done at the KSC Prototype Lab during my INSPIRE internship last summer. I competed against students from UF, FSU, UCF, USF, University of Miami, as well as other colleges and universities in Florida and Georgia. I was one of two students who represented my school, Florida State College at Jacksonville, (the other student represented in physics.) At the awards banquet, I tied for first place with a student from USF who was doing work in electrical engineering! I was very surprised to have placed. Attached is a picture of the award, and I am also receiving a $1000 scholarship from the National Science Foundation.
Just thought I should let everyone know that I was able to win this through the opportunity given to me at the Prototype Lab, and thank you INSPIRE for giving me the opportunity!
Friday, February 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment