This weeks poll asked your opinion on the OLC:
Over half of you chose the Home Page as your favorite part of the OLC. Second was the Discussion Board, followed by the Leaderboard. This blog and the Showcase rounded out the remaining votes. Thanks to all who left their vote!
Though the Discussion Board came in second, it was busy as many posted opinions on their votes. Here are some selected posts:
“My favorite part of the OLC are the fun activities and talking to kids my age who know about science!”
“I also think the Discussion board is the best place in the OLC. I enjoy the activities as well, but the OLC offer us the opportunity to share our knowledge and opinions directly. I have gotten to meet so many interesting people here and I think this is what makes us a group. The discussion board is our way to communicate and contact each other. “
“I think the home page is the best part of the OLC. It not only keeps you aware of activities, chats, and news in the OLC but also talks about what is going on in NASA and space, such as the lunar eclipse, the space shuttle launch, and space weather.”
“I like the Discussion Board because I think it's fun to discuss STEM news and subjects. Many of the discussions we have on here are about subjects featured on the home page, the blog, activities, and chats, so it encompasses a large part of the OLC. It's also fun to see other people's projects, like the Your Spin on Technology projects that are posted on the Discussion Board. It connects the OLC, so it's my favorite part.”
“I believe the best part of the OLC is definitely the leader board. I'm a competitive person, and now that ... I finally have time to get more involved, I'm going to enjoy climbing up those ranks. They add an incentive to work harder, show you where you are in relation to your OLC peers, and are nicely incoporated into a bulletin board design nonetheless. I really like the way the entire site is designed, but the leaderboard adds an extra layer of challenge for me.The home page comes in for a close second, followed probably by the discussion board. The Showcase has some pretty neat programming design behind it (the Summer Experiences category's picture expansion is well-concieved), but it doesn't have much meat to it yet.”
“Have to agree with you here. The home page changes at least once a week, and I love seeing all the recent news in the science world. I don't think I'd ever hear about some of these things without it. The weekly polls are really neat too because they let us see what other people like us think about some interesting topics. I have to say though... there are some really great activities when I have the rare time to do them.”
Thanks for all your opinions! And if you have not taken the poll and left your mark on the Discussion Board, why not join in the fun? Each week, you’ll find a new Poll available on Tuesday afternoon. Have an idea for a Poll? Check for the special “Poll Ideas” dropbox (they’re linked from the Connect page) and drop in your idea.

No comments:
Post a Comment