INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION - SELECTED BY INSPIRE SENIORS AS MOST IMPORTANT NASA MILESTONE!
By Jim Gerard, INSPIRE Education Specialist, KSC, FL
NASA Milestones was the topic of last night's Live Chat, and I had the privileged of not only hosting the chat but also providing the presentation. 69 OLC seniors logged in to hear about many of the important milestones in NASA history. We then used a 'Sweet Sixteen' bracket to allow the seniors to vote for their choice as the most important milestones. The final four were the Space Shuttle, Apollo 11, Medical Telemetry, and the ISS. The ISS, which represents a permanent human presence in space, was selected for top honors. I greatly enjoyed the lively question and answer time that followed. If your question was not answered, or you want to comment on the final selection, check out the appropriate thread on the Discussion Board.
I do want to thank my team mates, Beth Ingrum and Beth-Ann White for their support with last night's chat. We have just completed a mini-conference with our INSPIRE partners from all the NASA Centers at a hotel in Orlando, FL. I was able to have a great connection to the internet from our meeting room, and Ms. Inrum and Ms. White kept me company as we chatted (Ms. White was even enlisted as a tie breaker for a couple of rounds!). Next week, I'll be back at KSC for another exciting week on the Online Learning Community, and a Live Chat for freshman with Dr. Don Neill from CalTech and the GALEX mission.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment