Monday, July 19, 2010

Live Chat Roundup: July 15, 2010

By Jim Gerard, INSPIRE Education Specialist, KSC, FL

This Live Chat Roundup is a little late.  It is usually on Friday following the chat.  At the time of the chat, I was 30,000 ft in the air flying back toward Orlando from a conference I attended in Chicago.  I was scheduled to arrive in Orlando around 6:00 pm which would have been plenty of time to get ready for the chat, but after leaving the airport, the A/C malfunctioned, the pilot went back to the airport, and they canceled the flight.  At the last minute I called Beth White and laid it all on her lap.  And she did great!  My thanks to her for having my back during my travel trials.

I have just gone through and created an archive of the night, and again I am impressed with all the work our interns are doing.  I'm very interested in what Hollie and Christopher are doing at JSC.  They are building a scale model of the Apollo 17 landing site at the Taurus-Littrow region of the Moon.  Modeling is a hobby of mine, from flying rockets to static plastic to paper models to self crafted.  I once created the Apollo 11 landing site from some topological maps and plaster-of-paris.   This is why these chats are so fun - it helps create connections!  I hope you are enjoying them as much as I do!

Now, how would you like to hear our presenters instead of just reading text?  Stay tuned for an important announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment