By Edric San Miguel
My name is Edric San Miguel. I am a senior from Granby High School in Norfolk, VA. Currently, I am a student intern at NASA Langley Research Center under the Langley Aerospace Summer Scholars (LARSS). I became involved with this NASA internship through my participation in the Fundamental Aeronautics Student Competition.
Just like any other NASA interns, I would describe my experience at NASA as phenomenal and life-changing. As a high school student, this experience gave me a chance to explore what Aerospace Engineers actually do at NASA before I even decide on what to major in for college. This motivated me to pursue a degree in Aerospace Engineering at Virginia Tech University.
All the NASA employees are very nice and helpful to one another. Before I started my internship, I felt intimidated by the thought of working with NASA engineers and college level students who know so much more that I do in Aeronautics. However, when I actually began working with them, I didn’t have any reason to feel intimidated anymore. They are always ready and willing to help. I was even able to do a presentation for the Aeronautics Research Directorate without being nervous. I am currently employed at NASA’s Aeronautics Systems Analysis Branch (ASAB) under the Systems Analysis and Concepts Directorate (SACD). I am working with a group of interns and mentors on a modeling program that NASA is developing. This program will make it easier and quicker to model aircraft.
Overall NASA Langley Research Center is a wonderful environment to work at and it brings to mind all the scientific accomplishments from the past and the vision they have for the future.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment